Monday, October 13, 2014

Yarn In, Again....and Again....

I was working on the teddy hoodie in the darker colour. I got to the point where I thought "I'm not going to have enough yarn, am I?".  I really thought one ball would be enough, 90yds, since I didn't use the whole ball of Thick n Quick...but being crochet, it took more.  So, hen the dilemma was, do I keep going, hoping I can get another ball of the same dye lot, or just stop, I case I have to rip it back to blend in another dye lot.  And....I felt the fabric was a bit stiff.

I was able to get another ball of the same dye lot, and I bought a larger crochet hook.  The one I had, didn't have a size on it, and I couldn't figure it out!  The new one is obviously larger, the new fabric is more pliable.  Still a little stiff, but it seems in the larger sizes, the sizes jump up quite a bit between each size.  The hoodie is a quick piece, but then I made the two tone ears and sewed them on.  Then I reread her message and realized she wanted single coloured ears.  Oops.

The yarn was Loops & Threads "Cozy Wool".  50% wool!

Yarn In:   127gr + 7420gr = 7547gr
Yarn Out: 3135gr
Balance:4412 gr more brought IN than out
Cost: $9.03 + $385.45= $394.48/280 days = $1.41/day



No comments: